Friday, December 19, 2008

Megan's Meds

Today Megan will start to dial down the medication she is on for swelling. They think that it is part of the reason she is hypersensitive to noise. We need to pray that she does not have any effects. Sometimes when they cut the steroids back, it will cause the brain to swell, and effect her memory as well as her word recall. She is doing well and the Dr. said she can hold the babies. However, she needs to sit when she holds them, and be careful when picking them up. This is both good and bad. Isabel who became so attached to me for the first time, no longer wants anything to do with me. When I get close she starts to cry again. A short lived victory. I received an email this morning from a friend (Jo) that has people praying in Egypt. Add one more country to the list. Please continue to share this blog with others. We want people all over the world to pray. We have had some wonderful meals. Thanks go out to Sabrina who is in charge of the care calender. To keep every one interest in the blog, I am going to be posting a new recipe every day from people who are helping. The one for today is Lee's Cornbread. I have had the cornbread 2 times now. I can say it is the best I have ever had (sorry Mom). It is so good I can eat it as a meal all by itself. Enjoy!!!

LEE'S Cornbread!!!

Mix in a bowl, just moistening all ingredients:
1 can creamed corn (I use low sodium, but anything works)
1 package frozen corn (12 ounces, or any amount)
2 packages of Jiffy cornbread mix, dry
Milk or half-and half if dry (rarely needed)

Melt 2 to 4 tablespoons butter (2 is plenty, but if I am making it for company I will use 4 because more butter makes anything better. (butter on a boot makes it taste good, that's my insert) in an 8x8 baking pan (ore pie plate) place in a hot 350 degree oven to melt butter. Watch it carefully to make sure the butter doesn't burn.

Remove hot pan with melted butter from oven and pour cornbread batter into the pan. Top with shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces, more or less), and Jalapenos (optional).

Bake until done - it can take 25 - 60 minutes, depending on the size of your baking dish. I bake it on the bottom shelf of the oven so the cheese doesn't get to brown, but the bottom does! Also, put tin foil over the top if the cheese starts to brown. You want the cheese melted, not hard.

You may also add twice as much corn and make this into more of a corn pudding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you Megan and keep up the good work.
Your prays are with you.
Betty and Jim Arens

Anonymous said...

Greetings Cousin Paul from the "DEEP FREEZE" (South Dakota):

Thank you for introducing me to your lovely daughter Megan via the blog. Although I have never met her, I now feel like I "know" her. She's just as stubborn and tough as the rest of us--that's how I know she's part Weber!! She's also very beautiful with the courage of Goliath and strength of Atlas! God speed with her healing.

STAY STRONG!
Love, Sheri Jo (Weber) Gibson

Anonymous said...

Dearest Megan, We are so overjoyed by your progress! My praying friends keep asking & praising God. We chuckled over your Dad's success & failure with the girls. I know how happy Isabel must be,cuddled by her Mom. Keep up the good work, Girl! We love you! GP&B